- City Council Meeting opens May 9 and runs through the 22nd in New York City. Admission is FREE, but reservations are recommended. Call HERE box office at 212 352-3101. Show places and time: HERE/Chelsea Career and Technical Education High School – Thu May 9 @ 7pm, Fri May 10 @ 7pm, Sat May 11 @ 3pm & 7pm; LaGuardia Performing Arts Center – Thu May 16 @ 7pm, Fri May 17 @ 3pm & 7pm; El Museo del Barrio – Wed May 22 @ 7pm. You can go HERE for further details.
- Beowulf had a great run at the Adelaide Festival in March 2013. And is now headed to Boston for a three week run at American Repertory Theater from April 17 through May 6.
- Little Apples workshop in Vancouver with Restless Productions YVR’s went very well. It’s the second half of an evening of 2 chamber operas called Little Crimes based on Chekhov short stories. There is a new post with photo on R&D. Thanks to support from the Canada Council, BC Arts Council and the Shadbolt Centre.
- Scarlet Ibis performed new excerpts in November at HERE as part of the Opera America’s New Works Forum. We have added designers Tom Lee (puppetry) and Joe Silovsky (set) to the team. Our first excerpt from last January and a new photo can be viewed on R&D.
- I directed Dread Scott’s The Dredd Scott Decision at BAM in October.
- City Council Meeting premiered in Houston at the Palm Center, Project Row House’s The El Dorado Ballroom and the New DiverseWorks space in Midtown. This version was commissioned by DiverseWorks and co-presented by the The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Center at the University of Houston.
- SPACE//SPACE had a great run at the Collapsable Hole. To keep up with the project visit the BB&B website for touring info. Posted a new project page that has photos, video and reviews.
- Vanya receives a NYSCA Commission.
- Aaron Landsman has written 2 great articles for Howlround on City Council Meeting. Asking Everyone to Act & City Council Meeting: Theater of Tiny Disjuncture. They are a great introduction into what we are doing.