- This Was The End opens February 21 at the Chocolate Factory February 2014. Black-Eyed Susan is awarded the Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grant & G. Lucas Crane gets the NYSCA Commission for Sound Design. Good News! Come see the show. Tickets are On Sale NOW! .
- City Council Meeting had a great run in NYC, thanks to HERE and all our co-presenters at Chelsea Chelsea Career and Technical Education High School,The LaGuardia Performing Arts Center & El Museo del Barrio. And to our amazing working group, high school kid collaborators and public officials who showed up to perform. Here is a link to the NY Times Feature and nice review in Timeout NY. Next stop San Francisco and Zpace in 2014.
- Beowulf finished worldwind tours of the Adelaide Festival, a proper run at The American Repertory Theater, The Brighton Festival and Bristol’s Mayfest.
- Little Apples workshop in Vancouver with Restless Productions YVR’s went very well. It’s the second half of an evening of 2 chamber operas called Little Crimes based on Chekhov short stories. There is a new post with photo on R&D. Thanks to support from the Canada Council, BC Arts Council and the Shadbolt Centre.
- Scarlet Ibis performed new excerpts in November at HERE as part of the Opera America’s New Works Forum. We have added designers Tom Lee (puppetry) and Joe Silovsky (set) to the team. Our first excerpt from last January and a new photo can be viewed on R&D.
- I directed Dread Scott’s Dread Scott: Decision at BAM in October.
- SPACE//SPACE had a great run at the Collapsable Hole. To keep up with the project visit the BB&B website for touring info. Posted a new project page that has photos, video and reviews.
- Aaron Landsman has written 2 great articles for Howlround on City Council Meeting. Asking Everyone to Act & City Council Meeting: Theater of Tiny Disjuncture. They are a great introduction into what we are doing.